Fillet Of Sole In White Wine
- 4 sole fillets - (8 oz ea)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground white pepper
- 2 green onions or scallions chopped
- 4 tablespoons melted butter - (1/2 stick)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 bay leaves crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons flour
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Wash and dry fillets and season with salt and pepper. Arrange fillets in a buttered baking dish in a single layer and sprinkle with the green onions, melted butter, wine, parsley, thyme, and bay leaves. Cover with greased paper facing down, then cover dish, and bake 20 minutes.
Carefully remove fillets from baking dish. Strain pan juices into a small saucepan, add 1 tablespoon butter, and let melt. Blend in the flour, add the cream, and cook 4 minutes. Pour over fish and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings; 6.2 grams of carbohydrate in entire recipe, if serving 4, each serving contains 1.6 grams of carbohydrate.