From: All You (1 Aug. 2008)
Nutritional Facts per serving (2 pieces): 201 Calories, 7g Fat (1g Sat.), 63mg Cholesterol, 2g Fiber, 11g Protein, 24g Carbohydrates, 852mg Sodium
- 1 lb. cooked small shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped (reserve 16 whole for garnish, optional)
- 2 small tomatoes, cored and chopped (1 cup)
- 2 Tbsp. ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. packed dark brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 16 slices of French bread
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 13mins
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Mix shrimp, tomatoes, ketchup, brown sugar, garlic and parsley. Add oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Keep covered and chilled.
Prepare grill and set rack 6 inches from heat. Lightly brush one side of each piece of bread with oil. Grill bread, oiled side up, for 1 minute. Turn and grill other side until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes.
Spoon a heaping tablespoon of shrimp mixture on top of oiled side of each bread slice. Garnish with whole shrimp, if desired.