- 4 tuna steaks/filets - (8 oz ea)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely-minced onion
- 2 celery stalks finely sliced
- 1 small tomato skinned, and roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 12 tablespoons dry white wine
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil and gently fry the onions and celery until soft. Stir in tomatoes and thyme and cook for about 5 minutes to soften tomatoes. Place in base of shallow dish.
Heat remaining oil and quickly fry the tuna steaks to brown on each side. Place tuna steaks on top of vegetables, season; then pour over white wine. Cover. Bake at 325 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes until fish is tender.
This recipe yields 4 servings; zero carbs.