Cheesy Eggplant Parmesan
- Olive Oil mister or nonstick cooking spray
- 1 large eggplant,peeled and sliced crosswise into 3/4 inch thick rounds
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups low fat cottage cheese
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 cups jarred marinaa sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- flat leaf parsley
heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; lightly coat with cooking spray and add some eggplant slices (as many as will fit in a single layer). season with pepper and cook until lightly browned, about 6 mins. Turn eggplant over and season with more pepper. Reduce heat to medium and cook until eggplant is soft and cooked through, about 6 mins longer. Repeat with remaining slices and pepper adding more cooking spray to the skillet as needed.
Preheat the oven to 350. In a food processor pulse the cottage cheese until it is semi smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in the egg white and 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese.
Lightly coat a 11x7" baking dish with cooking spray. Add half the eggplant slices. Top with cottage cheese and remaining eggplant slices, followed by marinara sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and then the remaining parmesan cheese. Bake until hot and bubbling, 30 to 40 mins. Cool for 15 mins before serving. Garnish with parsley