- 1/2 cup thinly-sliced shallots - (2 oz)
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Combine the shallots, wine, vinegar, tarragon and salt and pepper in a small heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook 1 minute. Strain mixture, reserving liquid; discard solids.
Return liquid to saucepan; stir in sour cream. Place over low heat, and cook 1 minute, or until warm; stirring frequently.
This recipe yields 4 servings; 3.8 carb grams per serving.