Vanilla Bean Grapefruit Curd
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Bean Paste (or seed scraped from one vanilla bean)
- 1/2 cup (one stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature, cut into about 1/8 inch thick slices
Add about an inch of water to a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium low heat.
In a medium metal bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar for about 2 minutes, or until smooth and light in color.
Whisk in the grapefruit juice until combined.
Place the bowl over the water in the saucepan, ensuring that it does not touch the water.
Stir constantly with a rubber spatula, scraping the bottom and sides for about 8-12 minutes, until mixture thickens and reaches 180°F, gently increasing the heat, if necessary.
Immediately remove from the heat and whisk in the Vanilla Bean Paste.
Whisk in the butter, one piece at a time, waiting until one piece disappears before adding another.
Pour into glass jars and cover the surface with plastic wrap to prevent a skin from forming.
Cool and store in the refrigerator. Will keep for a couple weeks.
Top some toast, ice cream, yogurt, or even just your spoon with this rich and creamy, but also bright, fresh and citrusy spread with flecks of vanilla beans.
Author: Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips
You'll also love
- Spinach &Feta-Stuffed... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sauce: Beet Bordelaise 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip Banana Lactation... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- APPLESAUCE – YOGURT CAKE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- CRANBERRY LIME SPARKLERS 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garlic-Lime Grilled Pork... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grape Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Post Grape-Nuts Meatloaf 4/5 (1 Votes)