Batter For Frying
- 2 extra-large eggs at room temp separated
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons soy flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Beat egg whites until foamy; add cream of tartar and continue beating until stiff but not dry. Set aside.
In a separate bowl beat egg yolks, then gently fold yolks into beaten egg whites, being careful not to break down whites.
In small bowl combine soy flour with salt, baking powder, and spices and sift to mix well. Carefully add to egg mixture and completely incorporate. Fold in parmesan cheese.
Use this as a batter for either deep or shallow frying. Try deep frying vegetables such as zuchinni, eggplant, or cauliflower. If desired, ingredients can be coated with additional parmesan cheese before coating with batter for frying.
This recipe yields 1/2 cup of batter; 6 carbs in entire recipe.