Chipotle Pecan Candied Popcorn
Candied popcorn with pecans and a slightly spicy caramel coating.
Recipe courtesy of Marcela Valladolid
- Nonstick cooking spray, for spraying the baking sheet
- 1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels, freshly popped
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, 1/2 stick
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 105mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Preheat the oven to 250°F. Generously spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
Mix the chopped pecans and warm popcorn on the prepared baking sheet. Place in the oven while preparing the syrup.
Combine the brown sugar, butter and honey in a heavy medium saucepan. Whisk over medium-low heat until the sugar dissolves and the butter is completely melted. Increase the heat to high and boil for 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat, add the salt, chipotle powder and baking soda and mix to evenly incorporate. Slowly pour the syrup over the popcorn-pecan mixture. Stir gently to make sure the popcorn and nuts are completely coated.
Bake until the caramel is dry and has hardened, about 1 hour. Let cool before serving.
You'll also love
- Clean Eating Cabbage Soup 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Pork and Rice Meatball Soup 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Zucchini... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Deviled Eggs - Pioneer Woman 3.9/5 (57 Votes)
- Pear Tart 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Zucchini Bundt Cake with Orange... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Lemon & Almond Brittle 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Easy Peanut Butter Cup Fudge 4.4/5 (19 Votes)