Shrimp and Pine Nut Spaghetti
Homemade cream sauce is a delicious and easy topper to this pasta toss. Not a shrimp fan? It's also good with rotisserie chicken.
- 8 oz uncooked spaghetti
- 12 oz peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 2 TBS pine nuts
- 1 cup milk, divided (1/2 cup / 1/2 cup)
- 1 TBS flour
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 oz grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup torn fresh basil leaves
Adapted from myrecipes.com
1. Bring 4 quarts water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add pasta; cook 7 minutes. Add shrimp to pan; cook 3 minutes or until shrimp are done and pasta is al dente. Drain; keep warm.
2. While pasta cooks, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add nuts to pan; cook 2 minutes or until lightly browned.
3. Combine 1/2 cup milk and flour in a large saucepan, stirring with a whisk until well-blended. Place pan over medium heat; gradually stir in remaining 1/2 cup milk. Stir in mustard and nutmeg. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 5 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken, stirring constantly. Stir in salt and pepper, cook 1 minute. Add drained pasta mixture, cheese, and chopped basil, tossing gently to combine. Sprinkle with nuts and torn basil.
Makes 4 servings. Each serving = 9 Weight Watchers points.