Prosciutto-Wrapped Tilapia is the perfect recipe for succulent tilapia wrapped in crispy, savory prosciutto. Filled with the flavors of savory prosciutto, fresh basil, bell peppers of your choice, fresh garlic, and rich olive oil, for a main course fish dish that is sure to impress the whole family on any casual weeknight or even dinner guests at any fancy soiree. Pair this dish with mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, and a lightly dressed side salad for a full meal everyone will love.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided, plus more if needed
- 3 bell peppers, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoons Kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
- 4 large slices prosciutto
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from realsimple.com
Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bell peppers, garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Cook, tossing frequently, until tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, season the tilapia with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Wrap each fillet with 1 slice of the prosciutto. Heat the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook in batches until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side, adding more oil to the pan if necessary. Fold the basil into the peppers and serve with the tilapia.
You'll also love
- Summer Squash & Corn Chowder 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Fresh Berry Salad with Arugula and... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Baked Walleye with Tomato Sauce... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Slow-Cooked Salmon, Chickpeas, and... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Savoy Cabbage Gratin 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Crispiest Potato Latkes 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Lemon & Herb Tilapia 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Lemon Salmon - Instant Pot 4.1/5 (14 Votes)