Chile Con Queso
This recipe makes a LOT of queso, so I often let it cool slightly, split it up into two or three Ziplocs, and store it in the freezer
- *32 ounces Velveeta Cheese
- *1 can 10 ounces can milk
- *1 pound Pork Sausage or hamburger (optional - can be made with or without)
- *7 ounces Chopped Green Chilies or more to taste (or approximately 5 chiles)
- *1 whole Yellow Onion (or less to taste)
- *Can of stewed tomatoes (Mexican is best)
Dice the onion. Using a nonstick sprayed skillet, cook meat (if using) and onions until brown, stirring occasionally. Once browned, drain some of the fat from the skillet.
Add a can of stewed tomatoes, diced. Add green chiles, and stir over low heat. Add about half of the can milk slowly. Cube Velveeta loaf. Add cubes to browned meat/chile/tomato/onion mixture, and stir over low heat. Add can milk to thin to your taste.
Serving tip: Use a fondue pot or crock pot to serve piping hot!
Also, can add canned milk after freezing to thaw and thin.