Vanilla Yogurt Cheese Cake
- 8-oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 16-oz Greek-style yogurt, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- pinch salt
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 70mins
Adapted from bakingbites.com
Prebake a graham cracker base into a 9-inch springform pan (see recipe below); or use a prebaked crust. a 9-inch graham cracker pie crust should work fairly well, too. This cheesecake can also be baked without a crust.
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a food processor, blend cream cheese, yogurt, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and salt until mixture is very, very smooth.
3. Pour into prepared pan and bake for about 50 minutes, until the cake is set and jiggles only slightly when gently tapped.
4. Cool to room temperature before refrigerating
Springform Graham Cracker Base
1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
3 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350F.
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and stir until well combined. Press into a 9-inch springform pan, pressing the crust slightly up the sides if you don’t wish to have a thick crust on the bottom.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, until set. Cool completely before filling.