- 1/4 C extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large fresh poblano chiles, seeded and diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 4 large cloves garlic, smashed and chopped
- 1 1/2 lb ground dark turkey meat
- 1 TBS flour
- 1/4 C tomato paste
- 3 TBS chili powder
- 1 TBS ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 2 packed tsp dark brown sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 C low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (15 oz) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed.
Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large, heavy pot or Dutch oven. Add poblanos, onion, celery, and garlic. Saute until vegetables soften, 5-6 min.
Add turkey and saute, breaking up the meat with back of a spoon, until no longer pink, about 7 min. Sprinkle flour over meat and stir to blend. Add tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, oregano, cinnamon, cloves, brown sugar, 1 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper. Cook, stirring, 1-2 min.
Add broth and beans. Bring to a simmer; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring often, until flavors blend and chili thickens, 20 - 30 min. Spoon chili into bowls and serve.