Beef Noodle Stir Fry****
- For the sauce/marinade:
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 2/3 cup beef broth
- 2 Tbl. brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp. minced ginger
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- For the stir fry:
- 1 lb. boneless beef sirloin steak sliced thin
- 1 lb. linguini noodles
- 4 tsp. oil
- 1 red pepper pepper sliced thin
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 2 carrots sliced into match-sticks
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1-2 cups cabbage shredded
1. Combine soy sauce, broth, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger in a small mixing bowl
2. Place half of the mixture in a gallon sized Ziploc bag, add sliced beef, seal (pressing as much air out as you can), and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
3. Add cornstarch to remaining mixture in a bowl and stir until smooth, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
4. Prepare linguini noodles according to package directions.
5. While noodles are cooking, heat 2 tsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and add steak slices, discarding excess marinade.
6. Stir-fry until just browned, remove steak from skillet and set aside.
7. Add remaining oil to same skillet and stir-fry peppers, onions, carrots, and broccoli until onions become clear and soft.
8. Add cabbage and beef to the skillet and cook until cabbage becomes soft.
9. When noodles are done cooking, drain and toss with beef/vegetable mixture, adding the reserved sauce mixture. Toss until noodles are coated in sauce.
10. Top with sesame seeds and serve immediately.