Rotini with Broccoli Rabe and Sausage
To reduce bitterness of the broccoli rabe: 1) buy young broccoli rabe which tend to be less bitter. 2) Blanche broccoli rabe first before using in recipe.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 13 min
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lb sweet Italian sausage, crumbled
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 large bunch broccoli rabe, stems trimmed, rinsed and cut into 2" pieces
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 pkg (12 oz) rotini pasta
- Grated asiago cheese
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat. Add sausage and cook 5 min, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic during last minute of cooking time. Add broccoli rabe, salt, oregano and pepper. Cook uncovered, 8 min. or until tender, stirring occasionally. If mixture gets too dry, add a few TBSPs of water.
2. Meanwhile, cook pasta following pkg directions, about 7 min. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
3. Add pasta water to sausage mixture gradually to create a sauce, then stir together with pasta. Serve immediately with grated Asiago cheese, if desired.
You'll also love
- Wasabi Encrusted Tuna Steak 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Adobong Baboy (Pork Adobo) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Umba (Simmered Pork) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Julia Childs' Glazed Carrots 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lima Bean Soup Crock Pot 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Brussel Sprouts and Cheddar Cheese... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- PASSOVER BROCCOLI/POTATO KUGEL 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sausage, Chestnut, & Mushroom... 0/5 (0 Votes)