Orange Glazed Asparagus
- ORANGE CITRUS GLAZE:
- 1 large navel orange, zested and juiced (1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Freshly grated orange zest, for garnish
Preparation time 20mins
For the asparagus: Whisk together the orange juice, orange zest, honey, oregano, sherry vinegar, 2 large pinches of salt and a pinch of pepper. Slowly incorporate the canola oil to create an emulsion. Yield: about 1 cup
For the asparagus: Place a rimmed baking sheet in the oven and preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Toss the asparagus with the olive oil in a large bowl and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add the asparagus to the hot baking sheet and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
Transfer the asparagus to a serving platter. Drizzle with 1/3 cup of the orange citrus glaze and sprinkle with some orange zest. Reserve the remaining glaze for Roasted Chicken with Orange Glaze.