Spicy Pumpkin and Butternut Ramen
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 3 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups sliced shitake mushrooms
- 1 fresno chile (or more depending on your spice tolerance), thinly sliced (plus more for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon salt 1 1/2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 2 small chicken breasts (about 3/4 pound)
- 3 ounces chinese ramen noodles (not fried)
1.In a large pot, heat olive oil over a medium-high heat. Add onion, ginger and garlic. Sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
2.Add mushrooms and chiles, sauté another 2-3 minutes. Add salt and butternut squash. Cook another minute.
3.Add chicken broth, coconut milk, pumpkin puree, red curry paste and chicken. Reduce heat to a simmer until chicken is cooked through, 7-8 minutes. Remove chicken from pot and shred.
4.Add chicken back to the pot along with noodles.
5.Cook until noodles are soft.
6.Season with salt and pepper.
7.Garnish with sliced chiles and cilantro.