Holiday Green Beans
- 2 3/4 pounds green beans trimmed, and strings removed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons finely-chopped mushrooms (your variety choice)
- 1/4 cup walnuts coarsly chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons freshly-chopped scallions
- Salt to taste
- Garlic to taste
- 3 slices bacon cooked, crumbled
In a 4 1/2-quart saucepan, bring 2 quarts of water to a rolling boil. Add green beans. When the water returns to a boil, cook green beans for 5 minutes. Drain water from beans. Set aside.
In the same saucepan, add butter, cream, walnuts, scallions, garlic and salt. Heat to a small boil, stirring constantly. Heat until slightly thick. Return beans to pan and heat thoroughly. Top with bacon just before serving.
This recipe yields 8 servings; 3 carb grams per serving.