thai-Curry Seafood Stew
- 1 T Thai Red curry paste
- 2 1/2 C canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 C water
- 1 1/2 C purchased broccoli slaw
- 1/2 lb uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined.
- 1/2 lb sea scallops
- 1 lb mussels, scrubbed
- 1/2 C chopped fresh basil
- 2 T fresh lime juice
- 2 T fish sauce
- 2 C hot cooked jasmine rice
Place curry paste in large pot. whisk in 1/2 C coconut milk. Bring to boil; boil 1 minute. Stir in remaining 2 C and 1 C water. Add broccoli slaw, shrimp and scallops. Top with mussels. return to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer until mussels open and seafood is cooked, about 3 minutes. Discard unopened mussels. Add basil, lime and fish sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
Press hot rice into four 2/3 C custard cups, dividing equally. Invert cups to unmold rice into 4 bowls. spoon stew around rice and serve.