Chop-Chop Chicken Salad
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 packet sugar substitute (optional)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves grilled or poached, and cut into strips - (abt 5 to 7 oz ea)
- 6 cups chopped Napa cabbage
- 2 medium endive heads sliced lengthwise
- into narrow strips
- 1 cup cucumber peeled, and cut in 1/4" dice
- 1 cup diced (1/4") zucchini
- 1 cup diced (1/4") green, red or yellow peppers (or a combination)
- 1 cup diced (1/4") celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
For dressing, in a small bowl whisk soy sauce, lemon juice, sesame oil and optional sugar substitute until well combined; set aside.
In a large bowl, mix chicken, vegetables and cilantro. Pour in dressing; mix well. Let the salad sit for 15 minutes for flavors to blend.
Divide evenly on 4 plates; sprinkle with macadamia nuts.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Carbohydrates: 11.5 grams
Net Carbs: 10 grams
Fiber: 1.5 grams
Protein: 38.5 grams
Fat: 13 grams