Chicken With Tomatoes And Capers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 4 pounds boneless skinless chicken (breast halves or thighs)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 3 green onions sliced
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 small tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons capers drained, rinsed
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken lightly with salt and pepper; cook until cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes per side (if using thighs, 12 to 14 minutes per side). Transfer to a plate; cover and keep warm.
Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, green onions and garlic to same skillet. Cook 5 minutes, until onion is tender. Add tomatoes, broth and capers; simmer until slightly thickened, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Return chicken to skillet and coat with sauce.
This recipe yields 4 servings.