Chicken With Red Peppers And Cucumber
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 boneless chicken thighs halved
- 1 medium cucumber peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper cut 1/4" strips
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons whole milk yogurt
Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add chicken and cook, turning frequently, until golden, 10 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
Add cucumber, bell pepper, cumin, salt, pepper and garlic to skillet and cook, stirring frequently, 4 minutes. Return chicken to skillet and add chicken stock. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer 15 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat and slowly stir in yogurt. Serve immediately.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Carbohydrates: 4.5 grams
Net Carbs: 3.5 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Protein: 26 grams
Fat: 32 grams