- 1 chicken - (3 to 3 1/2 lbs) cut 8 pieces
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups canned plum tomatoes drained, and coarsely chopped
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken in two batches, about 8 minutes per batch. Transfer to a plate.
Add onion, garlic and rosemary to pan; cook 4 minutes, until onion is softened. Add wine and bring to a boil, stirring to loosen any browned bits. Add salt and red-pepper flakes.
Return chicken, skin-side up, and accumulated juices to skillet. Boil until almost all the wine has evaporated, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 30 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
Transfer chicken to a serving platter. Boil sauce 2 minutes to thicken; spoon over chicken.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Carbohydrates: 6.5 grams
Net Carbs: 5 grams
Fiber: 1.5 grams
Protein: 49.5 grams
Fat: 34.5 grams