Low-Fat Parmesan Turkey Meatballs
Makes about 20 meatballs
- 1 lb ground turkey (use white and dark meat)
- 1/4 cup fat-free evaporated milk (can use low-fat milk or fat-free milk)
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/2-3/4 cup dry breadcrumbs (more if needed or use crushed cracker crumbs)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (can use up to 1/2-cup)
- 2 green onions, finely chopped (can use a small yellow onion)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
1 In a bowl mix all ingredients together (starting with 1/2 cup bread crumbs).
2 Mix and add in more bread crumbs if needed to hold together.
3 Shape into desired size balls.
4 Fry or oven-bake until completely cooked through.