Cajun Chicken With Okra
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs cut 1 1/2" pieces
- 1 can Cajun-style stewed tomatoes - (14 1/2 oz) undrained, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves pressed
- 2/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
- 1 package frozen cut okra - (10 oz) thawed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Atkins Bake Mix
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce or more to taste
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken; cook 6 minutes, until browned on all sides. Add tomatoes with their juices, garlic, broth, salt and pepper flakes and heat to boiling.
Cover; reduce heat and simmer 10 to 15 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Add okra; cover and simmer about 5 minutes more, until heated through.
Combine water and bake mix in a small bowl and mix well. Whisk into chicken mixture and simmer, uncovered, about 2 minutes, until sauce thickens. Add hot pepper sauce.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Carbohydrates: 13.5 grams
Net Carbs: 10 grams
Fiber: 3.5 grams
Protein: 36 grams
Fat: 9.5 grams