Tuna Salad Sandwiches With Olive Spread, Tomatoes, Pine Nuts
- 8 slices Atkins Bakery Sliced White Bread lightly toasted
- 4 tablespoons olive spread
- 2 cans tuna in oil - (6 oz ea) drained, flaked
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red-wine vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Spread each bread slice with 1/2 tablespoon olive spread.
In a bowl, mix tuna, pine nuts, parsley, olive oil and vinegar until ingredients are very well combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Spoon one-quarter of the tuna mixture on 4 slices of bread, olive spread-side up. Pat down gently with a spoon. Cover tuna mixture with remaining bread slices, olive spread-side down. Cut sandwiches in half diagonally.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Carbohydrates: 15.5 grams
Net Carbs: 7 grams
Fiber: 8.5 grams
Fat: 20.5 grams
To toast pine nuts, place them in a small skillet over medium heat; cook 1 to 2 minutes, shaking the pan until the nuts are fragrant.