- 4 tuna fillets - (8 oz ea)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1/2 small yellow onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 green pepper thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves pressed
- 1 cup canned stewed tomatoes with juice
- 6 green olives pitted, and coarsely chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers seeded, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper; set aside. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook onion and pepper 5 minutes, until lightly golden. Add garlic; cook 1 minute more. Stir in tomatoes, olives, jalapeños, marjoram, and pepper. Simmer uncovered 15 minutes, until sauce thickens slightly. Stir in lemon juice. Transfer to a bowl.
Wipe skillet. Increase heat to medium-high. Heat remaining oil until very hot. Cook tuna fillets 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Pour sauce over fish; reduce heat to low. Cook 2 minutes more to heat through. Garnish with parsley before serving.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Carbohydrates: 8 grams
Net Carbs: 7 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Protein: 53 grams
Fat: 10 grams