April Fools' Lasagna: Banana-Pudding Cake
Fool your friends with this lasagna look alike dish which is really a dessert of Banana-Pudding Cake. Have fun and enjoy!
- Instant vanilla pudding, prepared
- 1 loaf pound cake
- 25 vanilla wafers, divided
- 3/4 cup strawberry jam
- 5 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 banana
- White chocolate, shavings
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 55mins
Looks like: Lasagna
Make a box of instant vanilla pudding. Cut a loaf of pound cake into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Arrange half of the slices in a 7-by-11-inch baking dish, then press 20 vanilla wafers into the cake.
Make fake tomato sauce: Mix 3/4 cup strawberry jam with 5 crushed Oreo cookies and dollop half of the mixture over the wafers. Sweeten 3/4 cup ricotta cheese with 2 teaspoons sugar; dollop half over the jam. Top with 1 sliced banana and half of the pudding.
Repeat with the remaining cake, 20 more wafers, the remaining jam and ricotta mixtures, another sliced banana and the remaining pudding.
Top with shaved white chocolate, crushed vanilla wafers and mint; chill.
You'll also love
- Old-Fashioned Southern Peaches &... 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Mom's Old Fashioned Rice Pudding 4.4/5 (94 Votes)
- Lemon Curd in an Instant Pot 4.4/5 (56 Votes)
- Melted Snowman Cookies 4.6/5 (31 Votes)
- Preacher Cake with Cream Cheese... 4.5/5 (44 Votes)
- Puerto Rican Fried Plantains 4.9/5 (10 Votes)
- Sicilian Bruschetta 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Oreo Lasagna 4.4/5 (26 Votes)