Tangy Warm Chicken Salad
- 1/4 cup butter - (1/2 stick) divided
- 2 whole chicken breasts skinned, boned, and cut into thin strips
- 1/3 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 cup cooked asparagus pieces
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon (or 1 tbspn minced fresh tarragon)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds
Over low heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet. Sauté chicken pieces until cooked throughout.
Meanwhile, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in medium-sized skillet. Cook red pepper, asparagus, shallots and tarragon over medium heat until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
Add whipping cream to chicken. Heat to boiling, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low, stirring constantly until cream is reduced and thickened, about 5 minutes.
Stir in vegetable mixture and mustard, cooking until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with almonds and serve immediately.
This recipe yields 5 servings; 2.1 carb grams per (2/3 cup) serving.