Steamed Mussels With White Wine, Garlic And Parsley
- 3 pounds black mussels
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons roughly-chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon butter
Wash mussels thoroughly and remove the beards or (the stringlike appendages sticking out from the shells), by gripping them with a dry kitchen towel and yanking straight out.
Mix wine, garlic, parsley and butter in a 5-quart pot with a tight-fitting lid. Bring to a quick simmer, add the mussels and cover tightly. Steam for 10 minutes, or until shells are open, discard any unopened mussels. Divide mussels and broth in four soup bowls.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Carbohydrates: 13.5 grams
Net Carbs: 13.5 grams
Protein: 40.5 grams
Fat: 10.5 grams
You'll also love
- Blackberry Strudel 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Egyptian Eggplant With Coriander 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Geraldine Jones' Louisiana Seafood... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Seafood Boudin 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- New England-Style Lobster Dinner 5/5 (1 Votes)
- GRILLED SHRIMP WITH GARLIC (GAMBAS... 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Provencal Chicken Mussels Pot 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Mussels and Clams over shell pasta 4.3/5 (4 Votes)