Squid With Basil And Lime
- 1 pound cleaned squid bodies cut 1/2"
- rings, and tentacles halved
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
Combine squid, basil, olive oil, lime juice, garlic, and red pepper flakes in a bowl and mix well. Marinate squid, covered, in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes and up to 1 hour.
Heat a heavy skillet or wok over medium-high heat until a drop of water sizzles on the surface, about 45 seconds. Pour peanut oil into the wok, add squid, and cook, stirring frequently, about 2 minutes, until squid is opaque. Serve immediately.
This recipe yields 2 servings.
Carbohydrates: 9.5 grams
Net Carbs: 9 grams
Fiber: 0.5 grams
Protein: 35.5 grams
Fat: 23.5 grams