Southwestern Angel Hair Casserole
- 16 oz box of Angel Hair Pasta - broken into small pieces
- 3 Tbsp Butter or Margarine (I use margarine)
- 2 Tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Milk (I use Fat-Free)
- 1 tsp EACH of Tabasco sauce, Cumin, Chili Powder and Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper (I use White Pepper)
- 3 cups (or more!) of Sharp Cheddar Cheese (I use a combination of cheeses)
- 5-6 oz jar of Sliced Green Olives
- 4-5 oz can of Sliced Black Olives
- 3-4 Roasted and Peeled New Mexican Green Chilies (if you don't have fresh available, you can substitute with 2 4-oz cans of diced green chilies)
1. Prepare pasta following package directions for "al dente". Drain and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Melt butter/margarine in a saucepan. Stir in flour. Cook for 1 minute.
4. Slowly add the milk. Stir until slightly thickened. Add the seasonings, cheese, olives and chilies. Cook over low heat for a minute.
5. Toss the angel hair with the cheese sauce. Place in a 4 Quart baking dish.
6. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, until bubbly and hot. Extra grated cheese can be sprinkled over the top of the casserole, if desired.
7. Serve immediately.