Southwest Seafood Salad
- 1/4 pound Jarlsberg cheese
- 1/4 pound sea scallops
- 1/4 pound large shrimp peeled, deveined
- 1/2 pound swordfish cut 1" pieces
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- Garlic Ranch Dressing
- 1 teaspoon finely-chopped jalapeño pepper (optional)
- 1/2 yellow pepper chopped
- 1 can black soybeans - (15 oz) rinsed, drained
- 2 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
Shred cheese; set aside. Rinse seafood and pat dry. Arrange seafood in a single layer on a microwave-safe 9-inch pie plate. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons lime juice. Cover with a microwave-safe paper towel and cook 2 minutes on high. Turn dish and cook 1 minute more or until cooked through. Cool.
Drain juices into a large mixing bowl or serving bowl. Mix with remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice, dressing and jalapeño, if using. Add cheese, seafood, pepper, beans and lettuce. Toss gently to coat. Serve with controlled carb tortillas, if desired.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Carbohydrates: 10.5 grams
Net Carbs: 7.5 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Protein: 38.5 grams
Fat: 21.5 grams