Shrimp And Feta Stew
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 small onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 cup diced tomatoes with juice plus
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon diced oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp peeled, deveined
- 4 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Ouzo or Pernod (optional)
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sauté onion 5 minutes, until soft. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more. Add tomatoes, water, wine, oregano and salt to skillet. Cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens.
Add shrimp to skillet, cook 2 to 3 minutes until just cooked through. Stir in cheese, parsley and Ouzo, if using. Serve immediately.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Carbohydrates: 4.5 grams
Net Carbs: 4 grams
Fiber: 0.5 grams
Protein: 26 grams
Fat: 17.5 grams