Skillet Apple Biscuits
- 8 frozen buttermilk biscuits, thawed
- 1 (21 oz.) can premium apple pie filling
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup walnut or pecan pieces (optional)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons cream or half & half or whole milk
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Melt the butter and brush on all sides of the skillet. A 10" cast iron skillet is perfect but any other comparable pan can be used.
In a bowl, mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg until well blended. Dip each biscuit in the butter and sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar on top. Arrange side by side in the skillet.
Cut the apples in the pie filling into smaller pieces and mix in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Arrange over the biscuits.
Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden and puffy.
Mix together the glaze. Drizzle over the top and serve hot