Pecan Crusted Salmon With Sorrel Sauce
- SORREL SAUCE:
- 1 cup chopped fresh sorrel - (packed)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 small shallot finely chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup pecans - (abt 2 oz)
- 1/4 cup Atkins Bake Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter room temperature
- 4 salmon fillets - (6 oz ea)
Mix sorrel, wine, and shallot in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat 3 minutes, until sorrel wilts. Stir in cream. Cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly; puree sauce in blender until fairly smooth. Return to saucepan to heat through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a food processor, pulse pecans, bake mix, basil, salt, and pepper until nuts are finely ground. Transfer to a bowl and mix in butter.
Grease a large baking sheet. Place salmon on sheet. Spread fillets evenly with pecan mixture. Bake 20 minutes, or until cooked through. Serve with sorrel sauce.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Carbohydrates: 6.5 grams
Net Carbs: 3.5 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Protein: 37.5 grams
Fat: 57.5 grams