Braised Chicken with Honey-Lemon Leeks
Lemon is a bright partner for the caramelized leeks, which cook twice: They are sautéed, then roasted to meld with the honey and lemon.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 2 thighs and about 1/4 cup leek mixture) 9 Points Plus
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 8 bone-in, skinless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 4 cups thinly sliced leek (about 3 large)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or chives (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add 2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Massage lemon rind into chicken. Place chicken in pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
3. Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add leek and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook 15 minutes or until leek begins to brown, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Remove pan from heat; stir in lemon juice and honey. Return chicken to pan. Mound leeks on top of chicken thighs. Bake chicken at 400° for 15 minutes or until a thermometer registers 165°. Top with fresh parsley or chives, if desired.
Amount per serving
Calories: 339 Fat: 15.6g Saturated fat: 3.6g Monounsaturated fat: 7.7g Polyunsaturated fat: 2.8g Protein: 33g Carbohydrate: 17g Fiber: 2g Cholesterol: 175mg Iron: 4mg Sodium: 492mg Calcium: 72mg
You'll also love
- Pan Roasted Artichokes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cherry Barbecue Glaze Chicken Wings 0/5 (0 Votes)
- PB & Banana Ice Box Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Carrot Cake Pancakes with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon, Ricotta & Almond Flourless... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pan-Fried Honey-Lemon Fingerling... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Leek and Cauliflower “Pie” 0/5 (0 Votes)