Chicken Noodle Casserole
Servings - 6 Serving Size - 1/6th of recipe Points Plus per Serving - 10 Points+
Calories - 409.4, Total Fat - 17g, Carb. - 3.9g, Protein - 30.2g, Fiber - 7.1g
- 6 oz. NO YOLK® noodles, uncooked
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 32 oz. reduced sodium, fat free chicken broth (such as Kitchen Basics)
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1- 8 oz. package of reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 TBS cornstarch, dissolved in 2 TBS water (slurry)
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast (you can use rotisserie chicken or canned chicken or leftover chicken breast)
- For topping: 10 buttery crackers crushed into crumbs
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from reneeskitchenadventures.com
1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13" casserole dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
2.In large non-stick skillet, heat the oil. Add in the celery, onion, carrots and garlic. Season with 1/2 tsp. kosher salt and 1/4 tsp. black pepper. Saute until vegetables become soft and onion becomes translucent (about 6-8 minutes).
3.Add in the thyme and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Cut the cream cheese brick into sections and drop into broth, stirring to combine. Once cheese is melted and combined into broth, add uncooked noodles and cornstarch slurry. Continue to cook until it begins to thicken. Remove from heat and stir in chicken and cheddar cheese.
4.Pour into prepared casserole dish. Bake in oven, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Remove and add crushed cracker topping. Return to oven for 10 more minutes. Remove from oven and allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving.