Grilled Vegetable And Provolone Sandwiches
- 1/2 small zucchini sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper halved lengthwise, and seeded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon prepared pesto
- 4 slices Atkins bread lightly toasted
- 2 slices provolone cheese - (2 oz ea) (or smoked provolone)
Prepare a medium grill or heat broiler. Toss vegetables with oil, salt, oregano and pepper. Grill vegetables 2 to 3 minutes per side until crisp-tender and lightly charred.
Spread pesto on bread slices. Layer vegetables on 2 slices of bread. Lay cheese over vegetables. Grill, covered, 1 minute more for cheese to start to melt (or broil). Top with remaining bread slices.
This recipe yields 2 servings.
Carbohydrates: 24 grams
Net Carbs: 12 grams
Fiber: 12 grams
Protein: 30.5 grams
Fat: 28.5 grams