Chicken And Wild Rice Soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 14 oz. cans chicken broth
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, uncooked and diced
- 6 oz. package Uncle Bens Long Grain & wild Rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- dash red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 oz. cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup half and half
Select Saute and add butter to the pressure cooker pot. When butter is melted, add the onion, carrot, and celery and cook, stirring occasionally until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
Add chicken broth, chicken, wild rice (discard seasoning packet) salt, pepper, and parsley to the pressure cooking pot.
Lock lid in place, select High Pressure and 5 minutes cook time and start. When timer beeps, turn off pressure cooker, wait 5 minutes, then do a quick pressure release.
In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in 2 tablespoons water. Select Simmer (Saute on low on the Instant Pot) and add cornstarch mixture to the pot stirring constantly. Add cubed cream cheese and stir until cheese is melted. Add milk and half and half and heat through but do not bring to a boil.
You'll also love
- Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole... 0/5 (0 Votes)