Cheese And Beer Soup
- 6 cups chicken stock (canned or homemade)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded extra-sharp chedder cheese (or diced to cubes)
- 1 pound Polish or Bavarian sausage
- 1 bottle favorite lite and/or low-carb beer
Sauté celery and onions in 2 tablespoons oil until onion wilts. Then add broth and boil. Simmer covered 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Add cheese to soup. Don't stir for a short while to allow cheese to break up a bit. Add everything else and heat until sausage is hot and cooked through.
This recipe yields 6 servings; 3 carb grams per serving.