Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Including toasted wheat germ and a generous amount of raisins in these Oatmeal Raisin Cookies makes them hearty.
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup (2-sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from marthastewart.com
Preheat oven to 350°F. Stir together oats, flour, wheat germ, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl; set aside. Put butter and sugars in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Mix in eggs and vanilla. Reduce speed to low. Add oat mixture; mix until just combined. Mix in raisins.
Using a 1 1/2-inch ice cream scoop, drop dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper, spacing 2 inches apart. Flatten slightly.
Bake until golden and just set, about 14 minutes. Let cool on sheets on wire racks 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to racks using a spatula; let cool completely.
Cookies can be stored in airtight containers at room temperature up to 3 days.
You'll also love
- Stacked Caprese Salad 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Meyer Lemon Meringue Tartlets 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Beef Stroganoff 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- PINEAPPLE CREAM CHEESE COBBLER 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Cherry or Raspberry Tapioca Pudding 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
- Raisin Bread French Toast 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Coconut Nutella No Bake Cookies 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Cinnamon Raisin Ice Cream Bread... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)