Mahi-Mahi With Creole Sauce
- 4 mahi-mahi fillets - (6 to 8 oz ea) (or other firm white fish)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 small onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red bell pepper cut thin strips
- 1/2 small green bell pepper cut thin strips
- 1/2 cup chopped canned tomatoes with juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Sprinkle fish with lemon juice, salt and pepper; set aside. In a saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter. Cook onions and peppers 2 minutes, until barely tender.
Add tomatoes with their juice; reduce heat to medium and simmer 8 minutes, until sauce thickens. Stir in cilantro. Add hot pepper sauce to taste.
Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over high heat. Sauté fish 3 minutes per side, until cooked through. Transfer to a serving platter. Spoon sauce over fish.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Carbohydrates: 3 grams
Net Carbs: 2.5 grams
Fiber: 0.5 grams
Protein: 42.5 grams
Fat: 8 grams