Kentucky Bourbon Barbeque Chicken
- 8 pieces chicken (breasts, thighs, legs or your favorites)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup Kentucky Bourbon whiskey
- 1/4 cup unsweetened tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoon brown Sugar Twin
- 2 packets Splenda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder (or sprinkling of finely-diced onion)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Melt butter in a skillet and brown chicken on all sides. Transfer chicken to baking dish.
Add other ingredients to pan/skillet, stirring to loosen browned particles that cling to bottom. Warm completely; then pour over chicken in baking dish. Try to distribute sauce as evenly as possible.
Cover and bake chicken at 325 degrees for 45 minutes. Uncover, baste and cook uncovered an additional 15 minutes.
This recipe yields 4 servings; about 3 carb grams per chicken piece.