Candy Apple Pie
Candy Apple Pie is filled with the rich flavors of cinnamon, fresh Granny Smith apples, crisp pecans, vanilla, and a creamy cream cheese topping. This recipe is perfect for any of your fall festivities, from pumpkin carving to just curling up by a nice cozy fire with a cup of cider and a slice of pie. Serve this pie a la mode for a decadent indulgent treat.
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- APPLE PIE FILLING:
- 5 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, sliced very thin
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- CREAM CHEESE TOPPING:
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
Preparation time 270mins
Cooking time 340mins
Adapted from thekitchn.com
Preheat oven to 375°F.
In a medium bowl, combine the crumbs, sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter. Mix well and press into a 10-inch pie plate and up the sides. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes until golden in color. Remove pie shell from oven and cool completely. Pour caramel into pie shell and sprinkle with 1 cup of chopped pecans. Refrigerate pie shell while making apple filling.
In a large (12-inch) skillet over medium heat, melt butter, then add brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Stir with a wooden spoon. Add apples and stir. Cook over medium to medium-high heat for 15 to 20 minutes until apples are softened and tender. Let cool for 10 minutes and pour into pie shell. Reduce oven to 350°F.
In a medium bowl, using a hand-held mixer on low speed, combine cream cheese and sugar for about 1 minute, until smooth. Add egg, lemon juice, and vanilla, then beat for 1 minute or until fully blended. Pour over apple filling in pie shell. Bake for 30 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean. Remove pie from oven and let cool. Refrigerate for 4 hours.
Let stand outside the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Top with whipped cream, caramel, and pecans, and swirl with a knife. Slice and serve.
You'll also love
- Creamy Rich Chocolate Caramels... 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Hot Brown Turkey Sandwiches 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- French Apple Tart 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Halloween Muddy Buddy Mix 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Strawberry Lemonade 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Apple Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Spicy Singapore-Style Chicken... 4.3/5 (32 Votes)
- Banana Oat Dog Treat Cookies 4.3/5 (29 Votes)