- 2 tablespoons whole cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons whole coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons cardamom seeds (seeds removed from the pods)
- 1 piece cinnamon stick - (3" long)
- 3/4 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 4 bay leaves
Heat a heavy frying pan over medium heat. Add the spices and roast, stirring constantly, until the spices are a few shades darker and are fragrant. Transfer to a plate and cool.
Grind the spices to a powder in a spice mill, mortar and pestle or coffee grinder. Store in a covered jar.
This recipe yields 1/4 cup.
Total Carbohydrates: 32.95
Total Carbohydrates minus Fiber: 17.69
Carbohydrates per teaspoon: 2.74
Carbohydrates per teaspoon minus Fiber: 1.47