Fish With Artichoke Sauce
- 4 fish fillets - (abt 6 oz ea) (such as snapper or sea bass)
- 4 tablespoons virgin olive oil divided
- 1/2 small onion sliced
- 1 package frozen artichokes - (10 oz) thawed (or 12-oz jar artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained, and patted dry)
- 2 small tomatoes seeded, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
Sprinkle fish with salt and refrigerate until needed. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat in a large (12-inch) skillet with a lid. Add onions and artichokes; cook 8 minutes until onions are soft and translucent. Add tomatoes, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Transfer to a saucepan and keep warm.
Wipe out skillet and return to a medium-high flame. Add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, and heat until very hot. Add fillets in a single layer and cook 2 to 3 minutes without shaking the pan, until golden on the bottom. Flip fillets with a spatula. Top with artichoke mixture, reduce heat to low, cover and cook 3 to 5 minutes more. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Oven Variation: Arrange fish in a greased baking dish, top with artichoke mixture, cover and bake at 400 degrees for 8 minutes until fish is cooked through.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Carbohydrates: 10 grams
Net Carbs: 6 grams
Fiber: 4 grams
Protein: 26 grams
Fat: 15.5 grams