Lentil Chicken Stew
This stew is a delicious blend of vegetables, legumes, and fresh chicken, and it is very filling. The sweet potato is a fantastic sweetening touch. And although we said the chia was optional, it helps make the soup even more filling, which is great if you're trying to save on calories. Enjoy!
- 3 T olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 onion chopped up
- 1 1b diced up chicken breasts
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp allspice ground (optional)
- 1/2 C chia, ground (optional)
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 6 C water
- 1 C lentils
- 4 stalks of celery chopped up
- 1 sweet potato chopped in small pieces
Adapted from graincrazy.blogspot.com
1. In a large pot heat pan to medium heat and put in onion and garlic stir and let cook about 5 minutes until softened.
2. Stir in the chicken and cook until the chicken is cooked all the way through.
3. Then stir all of the rest of the ingredients. Bring to a boil. Then turn down to medium low. Cook until the potatoes and lentils are soft at least 30-45 minutes.
4. Serve in soup bowls.
5. You can store leftovers in airtight container in fridge or freezer.
You'll also love
- Spiced Tomato Soup 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Avocado Salsa 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Cauliflower Protein Bread 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Sage Corn Muffins 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Szechwan Beef Stir-Fry 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Turkey Lasagna 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Pumpkin Lentil Tacos 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Buttermilk-Brined Chicken Breast... 4.7/5 (12 Votes)