Feta And Olive Meatballs
- TABIL SPICE MIXTURE:
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely-chopped onion
- 1 pound ground lamb or beef
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives coarsely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Tabil Spice Mixture (listed below) (or 1 tspn dried oregano)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons caraway seeds
- 1/4 cup coriander seeds
- 2 dried red chilies
Combine all the ingredients with your hands and shape into 16 meatballs. Place the meatballs about 2-inches apart on a baking sheet and broil, about 3-inches away from the heat until browned on top. Turn over and broil on the other side.
You don't really need any salt in this recipe as the feta and olives provide enough. You can also fry the meatballs in olive oil, but I think broiling is easier! Try the spice mixture. It tastes great in the meatballs.
Tabil Spice Mixture: Roast the spices in a dry frying pan over medium heat until fragrant. Cool and finely grind in a coffee grinder.
This recipe yields 16 meatballs.
Total Calories: 1616
Fat: 128 grams
Carbs: 22 grams
Fiber: 8 grams
Protein: 94 grams