Corned Beef And Cabbage
- 5 pounds corned brisket of beef
- 6 peppercorns (or packaged pickling spices)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 carrots cut into 2 pieces
- 4 medium turnips halved
- 1 onion peeled, quartered
- 1 small medium green cabbage cut into 6 wedges
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
Place corned beef in a large Dutch oven with water to cover; add peppercorns and bay leaf. Cover and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 4 to 5 hours until tender, skimming fat occasionally. During the final hour of simmering, add carrots, turnips, and onion. During last 20 minutes, add cabbage.
Transfer meat to a cutting board, and thinly slice against the grain. Arrange on a platter with vegetables. Brush with butter and serve with mustard on the side.
This recipe can also be prepared in a Slow cooker. Place all ingredients except vegetables in Slow cooker; cook on Low 8 hours; add vegetables and cook 1 hour more.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
Carbohydrates: 15 grams
Net Carbs: 10 grams
Fiber: 5 grams
Protein: 58 grams
Fat: 64.5 grams
You'll also love
- Citrus-Chili Shrimp 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chinese Fish Fillets 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken With Lemon Cream Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cabbage And Daikon Soup With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Burrito Beef 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef Burgers With Feta And Tomato 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Cabbage With Bacon 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Green Peppercorn Dijon Tenderloin 0/5 (0 Votes)